Dec 15, 2007

Christmas List -- Yes, you too can play along!!

I found this on 32-Aker Woods, and shamelessly stole it.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper is my favorite, but I'm pretty picky about the color schemes (I tend towards paper-bag brown, with deep but soft greens and reds, with raffia ribbon), so I'll go with bags if I can't find any paper I like.

2. Real or artificial tree? I can't even type the words "artificial tree" without getting the heebie-jeebies.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first weekend in December, or the weekend after Thanksgiving, whichever comes first.

4. When do you take the tree down? I hate to rush it; Epiphany seems like a good time, as we're trying to celebrate the Christmas season throughout its actual end, which is Epiphany.

5. Do you like Eggnog? Yes, the kind in the carton! Yum.

6. Favorite Gift you received as a child? My horse Pocus, absolutely.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? I have quite a few; I like to collect them from different places I've visited. Maybe I'll do a pictoral blog about them.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Ummm, they're all about the same.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Miranda, for now -- there are so many things she likes!

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? The can of "potted meat product" I got at the Wesley Foundation staff gag gift swap.

11. Christmas Cards...Snail mail or E-mail? Snail mail, although it seems like a waste of time and money sometimes. But, in the end I love sending and receiving them. I guess it's part of the season to extend yourself in these kinds of ways.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Emmit Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. Everything else, as good as they are, are just distant contenders. And if you don't know this movie, go to Amazon and get it, right now.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I like to shop throughout the year, as I see things people might like. I also like to shop on my trips overseas, get something a little different.

14. Have you ever 'recycled' a Christmas present? Yes, lots, and let's leave it at that.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's dressing. And each and every bite of leftovers of EVERYTHING.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear, although Billy may lobby for colored next year. I love how clear lights look -- so clean and crisp.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? "Merry Christmas From The Family" by Robert Earl Keen. (Although there are a few selections from South Park that I'm rumored to enjoy...)

18. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home? Both. We like spending Christmas Day at home, then going to relatives on the 26th. The best of both worlds!

19. Can you name Santa's Reindeer? Only if I sing the song.

20. Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree? A golden angel.

21. Open the Presents Christmas Eve or Morning? When I was growing up, we did presents on Christmas Eve, and Santa on the Morning. But I think we might change it a bit, open one the night before and the rest after Santa. I'd like to keep Christmas Eve as clear as possible for church and reflection.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Decorating and marketing for Christmas before Thanksgiving. And the terrible commercialization.

23. Shopping...Mall or on-line? A mix of both.

24. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all?) Just inside for now, maybe we'll be more inspired next year.

25. Favorite Christmas cookie? My mom's mint meringues. Nothing better.

26. Do you own Christmasy clothing or jewelry? I used to, but not anymore. Miranda does have several cute holiday dresses.

27. Do you believe in Santa? Don't you???

No comments: